Top 10 IPv4 to IPv6 application conversion considerations for enterprises.
Tackling the Catch-22 of IPv6 enterprise uptake.
IPv6 Training for Enterprises.
INTC Receives IPv6 Deployment Grant from ARIN.
The grant is for the following:
- Common enterprise applications, middleware, code libraries, and other software
- IPv6 support of the above
- Methodology for doing an enterprise application assessment
- Common enterprise IPv4 security defense mechanisms and usage (IDS / IPS, ACLs, virus checkers, malware, etc.) categorized by topology and function (client, server, backbone network, cloud)
- Potential new IPv6 attacks given the environment above
- How to do IPv6 security defense given the above
- Methodology for doing an enterprise security assessment
- Initial assessment of enterprise security products and platforms
- IPv6 Trace Reading 101
- IPv6 Troubleshooting
Impact on Enterprises of the IPv6-Only direction for the US Federal Goverment.
This article by Nalini Elkins (President of INTC) describes the impact of the IPv6-only direction of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on the enterprises. Many “brick-and-mortar” enterprises have delayed transition to IPv6. The article delves into the reasons and impact of this.
INTC receives $20K Grant from ARIN.
Enterprise IPv6 adoption has lagged. One of the issues is that enterprise technicians don’t know how IPv6 works. The technicians want to get trained yet the management does not feel that they do not want to pay for such training because they do not see a business need for adoption.This creates an unfortunate cycle where misinformation about the complexity of the IPv6 protocol and unreasonable fears about security and manageability combine with the perceived lack of urgent business needs to prevent adoption of IPv6.
We have a multi-pronged strategy. We can provide technical training on many of the core features of IPv6. We plan a series of webinars this year. We presented one such webinar last year which was attended by over 120 people from over 70 separate enterprises including outsourcing companies, “brick-and-mortar” Fortune 500 type enterprises, small independent software companies and others.