To be successful in implementing and understanding IPv6 networks, you need to first understand the IPv6 address methodology which is, in many ways, a fundamental change from the IPv4 paradigm. In this introduction, you will become familiar with what is different as well as what is the same with IPv6.
- Public and private addresses
- IPv6 Prefixes
- IPv6 Address Structure
- IPv6 Interface ID
- IPv6 Addressing and Address Allocation Methods (stateless, statefull)
- Address types, unicast, multicast, anycast
- Address categories: global, site local, link local
- Unique Local Unicast addresses
- Zero compression
- Special addresses (loopback, unspecified, IPv4 mapped IPv6)
- Broadcast address elimination
This webinar will be followed by a hands-on lab to illustrate the concepts shown. You do not need any equipment to participate. We will send full instructions so that if you wish, you may do the same commands / exercises but this is entirely optional.
Presented by Nalini Elkins.