This webinar will be taught by Jon Worley (ARIN) and Nalini Elkins (INTC). This is a part of the Community Grant to INTC from ARIN.
Jon will start by helping you better understand IPv6 address planning, how to determine the right block size for your organization, and how to plan for growth. We will include some real-life examples and even an opportunity to try your hand at planning for your own organization! Nalini will go into even more detail and provide some rules for IPv6 address planning.In this session, we will:
- Review the important prefixes needed for an IPv6 address plan,
- Do a sample address plan together,
- Discuss how a good address plan makes security and routing policy easier,
- Consider numbering your LAN segment, SSID, or VLAN,
- Consider numbering for sites, backbone, links, Consider how to remember your addresses for diagnostics and troubleshooting, and
- Look at plans that other enterprises have done.
Jon Worley is the Senior Technology Architect with ARIN and has been a member of the Registration Services team since 2004. He has experience with all ARIN policies and procedures for requesting, managing, and transferring IP addresses and AS numbers, including technical services such as ARIN’s RESTful API. Jon has spoken about these topics as well as IPv4 depletion and IPv6 adoption at many ARIN events.
Nalini Elkins is the President of the Industry Network Technology Council. She is also the CEO and Founder of Inside Products, Inc. Nalini is a recognized leader in the field of computer performance measurement and analysis. In addition to being an experienced software product designer, developer, and planner, she is a formidable businesswoman. She has been the founder or co-founder of three start-ups in the high-tech arena.